Finding a Way to a Peaceful World Often Takes Help from a Lawyer
As politicians continue to dig their feet in and too often refuse to compromise, it is encouraging to see the younger generation working toward a more inclusive existence. From the sports that they play in high school to the joint performances on stage, Unified Sports and Unified Theater experiences extend what the adult public may have only seen on the nation’s Special Olympic stage.
Know as the Inclusion Revolution by Fully Alive Discovering What Matters Most author Tim Shriver, chairman of the Special Olympics, it is encouraging to listen to this message instead of the divisive rhetoric that is such a part of today’s media and politicians. In an effort to find meaning and purpose by looking at the lives of people with intellectual differences, Shriver suggests that people attend one of the local Special Olympic events in your area.
The World Stage Is a Great Place to Watch the Biggest of Battles Between Litigation Attorneys
When one politician talks about another politician being wild as a March hare or as unpredictable as a free range chicken, you may simply want to dig a hole and bury your head in the sand. And while it can seem like these politicians provide a number of problems for themselves, it is also important to make sure that you get the legal help that you need when you find yourself in any kind of legal situation.
From estate planning attorneys to stockbroker fraud lawyers, there are many kinds of professional legal representatives who can present all of the available options. Securities fraud is a common enough occurrence that at least two major television shows have included the topic. Both Big Little Lies and Divorce are tow of the many shows that have shown the prevalence and consequences of investors who find break the rules. In both of these series, the criminally charged husband sits an jail while the spouse and the children deal with the consequences of frozen assets and other resulting penalties even before a verdict is given.
Although the complexities of securities fraud and other financial legal charges can be confusing in what occurs in courtrooms and within documents, the personal impact of family members and assets might be more easy to understand.
Financial Fraud Can Ruin Individual Wealth and Business Security
If an adviser you have been working with has been charged with securities fraud, it is important to get the help that you need in trying to protect your assets. And while there are many settings where there is no legal recourse, there are times that with the right legal representation of litigation attorneys you can get the results that will help you recover.
From probate litigation attorneys in an effort to seek the funds that you have lost to the stock market to the need for probate and estate administration in the preparation of a will, it is always important to make sure that you get the legal help that you need as soon as possible. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when Americans find themselves in need of litigation attorneys:
- There were 1,639 securities and commodities fraud pending cases in the year 2014.
- Although there are many examples, one notable case is from year 2015, when the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged Deutsche Bank AG with filing misstated financial reports during the financial crisis. In the end, Deutsche Bank agreed to pay a $55 million penalty.
- In fiscal year 2013, the SEC filed 686 enforcement actions and obtained orders totaling $3.4 billion in penalties and disgorgement. In fiscal year 2012, in comparison, the Commission filed 734 enforcement actions and obtained orders totaling $3.1 billion in penalties and disgorgement.
- A pyramid scheme typically starts with an initial recruiter sitting at the apex of the pyramid. These initial recruiters find a second who is required to “invest” a certain amount, which is paid to the initial recruiter.
- As the pyramid expands, the new recruit must then recruit more people under them, all of whom also have to invest. If the recruit gets 10 more people to invest, he or she will make a profit with the initial small investment.